#FFFC 41 — PlasmaTran Inn

DF7054B5-FFC3-4D5C-9123-06AA5BC527C9

Back in the days of combustion engines, when individuals who hooked up in Cyberia, there were the pesky, often-expensive details of traveling in various vehicles to connect with the other person physically. Things called cars, trains, planes, buses, Ubers, and hovercrafts.

Since the development of PlasmaTran (i.e. plasmatronic wave transmission) it was a matter of pushing the diamond-shaped key on the keyboard. The webcam lens shot out a pulsing lime green light that one simply stepped into and was instantaneously sent to the requested destination.

Some individuals took their time in getting to know others for days/weeks/months before reaching for the diamond, but there will always be Tinderites who go for the Mr./Miss Right Now. But who wants a virtual stranger popping into your house? All hotels have rooms now set up with untraceable PlasmaTran wifi for Tinderites.

[138 words]

FFFC

Fandango is the host of Fandango’s Flash Fiction Challenge.  Fandango says:
Welcome to “Fandango’s Flash Fiction Challenge.” Each week I will be posting a photo I grab off the internet and challenge bloggers to write a relatively short flash fiction piece inspired by the photo. While there are no definitive style or word limits, I suggest trying to keep your posts to under 300 words.

1. Fandango says:

Dating in the 22nd century, huh?

Yep. Beyond the Jetsons!

Love your take on the Prompt.

You’re welcome 😇

3. badfinger20 says:

Forget the dating…is there one to Hawaii? I’ll step into the green light now.

🙂 If only! Wouldn’t that be sweet.

1. badfinger20 says:

Yes it would be!
        I’m late tonight getting to everyone.

Same here. I haven’t even read your post(s) yet!

1. badfinger20 says:

Take your time… Oh I didn’t see a music post by you today.

Thank you for noticing! I thought I posted it this morning! lol. It’s posted now.

1. badfinger20 says:

That is the first I look for…that is when I know you are here.

🙂 I have been trying to get back to doing them the night before, then posting when I first wake up in the morning — then going back to sleep. I could have sworn I posted it this morning!

I’ll be gone most of the morning and some of the afternoon tomorrow.

1. badfinger20 says:

Ok…have a good one…my day depends on how work goes.

Thanks, Max. Hope your day goes well also.

4. ……and I though privacy issues were bad enough today.

5. Jules says:

Eek. I think I’d just like a transporter – but then I’m not sure I’d want folks dropping by unannounced. I have to keep reminding my grandson that I really don’t want him taking photos of the inside of my home with his I-pad.

I also read about some hotels that are providing windowless rooms!

On a similar note, I read where they can find missing persons if there are any photos taken of them in a hotel room. Somehow they can match the decor with the hotels. That is impressive to me. About the windowless hotel rooms, some I wouldn’t open the curtains anyway so it makes sense if it’s a brick wall view out of the window. A big screen TV with an outside meadow or mountain view to replace the window would be ok. Good advice to educate your grandson!

6. Carol Anne says: